Sunday, July 2, 2017

Day 5 - Missed A Turn

July 2, 2017

I have missed a turn on my expander last night. I tried for 4 hours, including getting help, and still couldn't get it. As it turns out, I didn't complete the last turn all the way and couldn't find the hole in which to fix it. (Which, by the way, means that I did my first turn by myself without help. Yay, but too bad I messed it up.) I was able to get it fixed tonight (with help) so I'm back on track.  Made a delicious batch of homemade applesauce to enjoy over the next few days. I still can't bite into anything or eat normally. I did figure out that I can shove food into my cheek and I can "sort of" eat things that aren't hard to chew. It inevitably gets stuck though in the stupid expander but oh well. I've also been enjoying some homemade meal replacement shakes. They are pretty filling. It just sucks because I miss real food. So much so that I went to Costco today and ate samples (into the cheek and chewing carefully.) I can't drink shakes forever. So I'm trying to mix it up some and try to eat something soft at least once a day and shakes the rest of the time. I'm hoping the time I have to wear the expander flies by because right now, it's feeling like an eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment