Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Pulling Canines

I'm doing much better. I was on the ibuprofen for a straight week the first week. By the second week, it was still tender but getting better. I went back to the ortho on the 4th and because I was still sore, they decided not to start pulling. So they just trimmed off the excess chain and tied it to the archwire.


So I went back yesterday to start the pulling process. I came out very pleasantly surprised. It didn't hurt at all. I felt a tiny bit of pressure but that was all. All they did was select the next loop in the chain, re-tied it and cut off the excess. I wasn't even sore last night. The teeth are moving maybe like a millimeter at a time. It's very very slow. But I feel like I can tell a tiny bit of difference in my mouth.


So the ortho said I need to come back every 2 weeks now until the teeth are completely in place. It could take 6 months or longer. I really hope the braces will be off by this day next year. Otherwise, I guess I'll be getting married with braces on.

No comments:

Post a Comment