Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Day 28 - 1st Adjustment

Well if there's anything I've learned doing this, it's "take pain meds before your adjustment appointment." Oh my God, I wanted to scream Bloody Mary, because I was in so much pain getting the bands taken off and new ones put on. I was wincing in pain the entire time and my face turned red. The Ortho said make sure to take it an hour prior to your appointment. That was the most painful experience so far and one that I fully intend to never repeat.

More good news: I was told that I need to turn the expander once a day, for another 7 days. *major eye roll* And to think that I was just getting used to the new position my mouth has been in for the last 3 weeks. 

So I'm about one month done with this process. Hopefully this first month has been the worst of it and it only gets better from here on out.

Next appointment is 6 weeks away.

Side note: I asked for a prescription for PreviDent, which is a fluoride toothpaste that's pretty awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment