Thursday, October 19, 2017

Day 114 Update

Still in a good bit of pain. Those bite wafers I purchased a few months ago are actually coming in handy now. I bite on them to help with the pain and it does help some. I had asked the ortho when I was there approximately when she anticipated that I would need to go in for the surgical part to get the gums cut open and brackets put on the canines. She said sometime next spring or maybe just before summer. She said maybe I wouldn't need to because if the teeth move into position, I wouldn't have to. Well, I'm not holding my breath on that. The perio had told me that it was "possible, but not likely" that would happen. I'll believe it when I see it. For now, I'm just looking forward to eating normally again and after that, getting this palatal expander taken out. I'm going to be glad when these spacers get replaced with the band. The band on the upper teeth really isn't bad at all and I barely notice it now.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are blogging about this! I have some questions I hope you can answer. Why do you have a tongue crib? Why is your tongue not allowed to touch your teeth? Is this being used to get forward growth from your top jaw? Are you noticing any facial changes? I wish you success on your journey. Thanks for any info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has something to do with my tongue pushing against my front teeth. My ortho told me that our tongue is extremely powerful and can push your teeth out of alignment. I actually think my tongue guard is bent now anyway from pushing on it (subconsciously) so not sure how much good it will do. I'm not really noticing any facial changes but then I haven't taken any photos from the side view to check for that.

      Delete