Thursday, June 29, 2017

Day 2 - Still in Some Pain but A Little Less Worse

June 29, 2017

I woke up this morning after having slept all night long, despite the pain I was feeling last night when I turned the palatal expander. Today that pain in the palate has mostly subsided. That gives me hope that the next 5 nights won't be too bad. I may be eating my words later, but that is what I am hoping. The teeth pain and sensitivity has not subsided at all. So aside from the expander, I still can't eat anything. When I woke up this morning, I've lost 2 lbs in the last 24 hours due from not being able to eat. I've found that drinking is a lot easier so I'm going to recommend meal replacement shakes when you can. I'm back to work today for the first time. I forgot my breakfast shake at home (of course!) so I stopped at Whataburger for a large coffee shake. I'm not worried about the calories because I know what I brought for lunch (mac & cheese and soup) and I know what I'll be having for dinner (meal replacement shake). I will probably have lost more weight by tomorrow due to eating less than 1,000 calories a day. I will be glad once I can tolerate regular food again.

No comments:

Post a Comment